Tomorrow marks the first day of school for all students. Just a reminder that first period now begins at 8:25 and the front doors will open at 8:05. We are very excited to see everyone tomorrow, and would like to take a moment to inform everyone of a few updates and changes for this school year.
6th Grade Students
6th graders only need to bring their iPad and lunch or lunch money. There is no need to have a backpack since they will not be receiving their locker until Monday. At first bell, 6th graders will report straight to their platoon leader’s classroom.
7th/8th Grade Students
All 7th and 8th graders will be assigned a locker tomorrow so they are asked to bring their school supplies with them. They will be on a regular schedule for tomorrow – please make sure they log into Infinite Campus and take a picture of their schedule on their iPad. Schedules will not be printed and handed out to students, so please make sure your student knows where they are going tomorrow!
IMPORTANT! Changes to the Parking Lot, Drop Off and Pick Up:
We are implementing some changes to our parking, drop off and pick up procedures for this year, in order to maintain a safe environment for all of our students, parents and staff. Please know we are trying to make this as speedy and efficient as possible and it is a work in progress, so please be flexible with us as we try to improve.
- If you will be dropping off your student at school, please enter through the south entrance to the school on Clover Basin Drive ONLY. Proceed straight ahead and use one of the two outside lanes for student drop off. The middle lane is a thru lane intended to allow cars to continue out of the drop off area. Please merge in carefully after your child exits the vehicle.
- Please pull as far forward as you can in the drop off lanes, to allow for other cars to come in behind you.
- Please be careful at each crosswalk and stop for pedestrians crossing the drop off lanes.
- Students walking to school or being dropped off on the street need to use a crosswalk or sidewalk. Please do not cut through traffic.
- The main parking lot on the south side of the school (along Clover Basin Dr.) is for short term parking. Please only enter here if you intend to park your car and enter the building – it is not to be used for pickup and dropoff of students. The entrance for this parking lot is accessed from the south entrance as well.
- The northwest parking lot (along Grandview Meadows Dr.) is for staff parking and bus entrance only, and WILL NOT be used for student pickup/dropoff.