Parent, guardian, and family engagement is important in supporting the success of our students. Accordingly, there are many ways for our families to get involved with our school.
School Accountability Committee
Our School Accountability Committee reviews school data, goals, and provides feedback on the School Unified Improvement Plan.
- Jeremy LaCrosse – Principal
- Elizabeth Wolford – Teacher
- Amy Velasquez – Teacher
- TBD – Parent
9/8/2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Altona Parent and Community Leadership Team
The Altona Parent & Community Leadership Team’s purpose is to create a meaningful partnership between parents, our community and Altona staff and students. This group will focus on the following areas:
- Providing input and feedback to Altona administration regarding school level practices, including school accountability
- Brainstorming and exchanging ideas regarding the current and future vision of the school
- Strengthening community involvement (fundraising, networking, staff appreciation events, conference meals, etc)
- Ensuring student success
Altona Volunteer Policy and Application
At Altona Middle School we welcome volunteers in our building to support our students and staff. All volunteers who work at Altona need to serve and adhere to the volunteer policy outlined by the SVVSD Board of Education Policy IJOC. All volunteers will be supervised by a sponsoring staff member and adhere to SVVSD policies at all times. Prior to volunteering, all applicants must complete an application form, which includes personal and emergency contact information.
When a group or business applies to volunteer at Altona Middle School, they will be asked to provide a clear academic purpose for volunteering during a meeting with the administration. Groups and businesses may not market or advertise their organization in any way while volunteering at Altona.
Occasionally concerns and/or grievances may arise in the course of a volunteer performing duties. Concerns will be brought to the supervising staff member and then to administration to determine what action should be taken, and/or if this individual or group will be allowed to continue to volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer, please read this disclaimer and complete the application below.
I do hereby give the St. Vrain Valley School District assurance that I will comply with the following:
As a volunteer…
- I will be professional and dependable in my volunteer activities,
- I will comply with applicable laws, district policies, regulations and school rules,
- I will not be asked to perform services that allow access to students’ personal or educational information,
- I will be under the supervision of a licensed staff member,
- Unless otherwise approved, I will not provide transportation to students in my personal vehicle, and
- I understand that any time prior to and during my volunteer service, St. Vrain Valley School District reserves the right to complete a background investigation.
All of the new, innovative programming for students at Altona is supported through our fundraising efforts. All monies raised also help to reach all facets of our school programing, from electives, to core classes, to our clubs and sports, and the music programs. Our student, parent and community support with this effort is always the key to our success. Student’s will be setting up an account with apmags.com, creating an avitar and advertising to their friends and family about this opportunity.
If students sign up at apmags.com, create an avitar and send out 12 emails, they will receive a pair of 3D goggles. Our top 18 sellers (6 per grade) for this year will ride in a limo to the Village at the Peaks, where they will be treated as VIP’s and receive a free lunch, compliments of Bad Daddy’s Burgers! We really appreciate our partnership with the new Village at the Peaks for helping us to create this awesome opportunity for our students.