Parent & Community Involvement
Parent, guardian, and family engagement is important in supporting the success of our students. Accordingly, there are many ways for our families to get involved with our school.
Altona Parent & Community Leadership Team
The Altona Parent & Community Leadership Team’s purpose is to create a meaningful partnership between parents, our community and Altona staff and students. This group focuses on the following areas:
- Providing input and feedback to Altona administration regarding school level practices
- Brainstorming and exchanging ideas regarding the current and future vision of the school
- Strengthening community involvement (fundraising, networking, staff appreciation events, conference meals, etc)
What do we do?
- Support the Altona staff with supplies, meals, and help celebrate achievements with organized parties and recognition events
- Connect with the staff, parents, and students at Altona to strengthen involvement
We have committees that help with Hospitality, Staff Appreciation, Spirit Wear, Book Fair, Community Building & Outreach, Rattler Run & Raise Up, 8th grade celebration, Concessions, parent communication, and more!
Stay connected! Follow the Altona Parent Connection group on Facebook:
Contact us at [email protected] if you’d like to get involved with the Leadership Team or on one of our committees. We’re always looking for more parents to strengthen our team and support our Rattler community. Please visit our website below for all updates and information!
At Altona Middle School we welcome volunteers in our building to support our students and staff. All volunteers who work at Altona need to serve and adhere to the volunteer policy outlined by the SVVSD Board of Education Policy IJOC. All volunteers will be supervised by a sponsoring staff member and adhere to all SVVSD policies. Prior to volunteering, all applicants must complete the application form below.
When a group or business applies to volunteer at Altona Middle School, they will be asked to provide a clear academic purpose for volunteering during a meeting with the administration. Groups and businesses may not market or advertise their organization in any way while volunteering at Altona.
Occasionally concerns and/or grievances may arise in the course of a volunteer performing duties. Concerns will be brought to the supervising staff member and then to administration to determine what action should be taken, and/or if this individual or group will be allowed to continue to volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer, please read this disclaimer and complete the application below.
As a volunteer, I give the St. Vrain Valley School District assurance that I will comply with the following:
- I will be professional and dependable in my volunteer activities
- I will comply with applicable laws, district policies, and school rules
- I will not be asked to perform services that allow access to students’ personal or educational information
- I will be under the supervision of a licensed staff member
- Unless otherwise approved, I will not provide transportation to students in my personal vehicle
- I understand that any time prior to and during my volunteer service, St. Vrain Valley School District reserves the right to complete a background investigation.